Saturday, March 22, 2008

Confessions Of A Vinyl Junkie

If you're like me, you spend an inordinate amount of time hunting down records in music stores, thrift shops, yard sales, flea markets, people's basements etc. You just can't walk by a box of records without taking a peek. There's always some elusive holy grail that you need in your collection. Ever spent money you had for the phone bill on a record instead? If this sounds remotely familiar, chances are you're a vinyl junkie. If this sounds irresponsible, chances are you're not.

I'm also a thrift store junkie and that kind of feeds the vinyl junkie. If I win a million dollars I'm sure to spend it all on records at the Goodwill. I just can't resist the urge to go in and sneeze myself to death! Kleenex is cheap. Vinyl is precious. And who doesn't love a bargain? I just can't believe what people throw away! So in a certain way I'm recycling old unloved gems from the dustbins of history and giving to charity! I should be a saint.

Over the coming months, I want to share my love of vinyl culture with you. I'll be posting some thrift store scores from over the years and posting some shit that interests me. Hope you find it interesting!

Pat

No comments:

About Me